I've had it loaded on the machine for awhile now.
But I returned to it on Wednesday and got it done! I even turned the quilt to work the borders. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and it worked out great.
It's quilted with 1 layer of Hobbs wool and 1 layer of cotton batting; thread used was Superior's King Tut Variegated.
I love the look and feel of this quilt. The back is lovely too.
Thursday, I loaded the baby boy quilt on Lolah. I knew I wanted to make it look modern and didn't want girlish swirls and flowers so I went with straight lines and gridwork.
I love the amount of lighting the LEDs give me especially when looking behind the needle at where I plan to quilt. So pleased with these lights.
The backing is a piece I purchased at our guild August sale: 6 1/2 yds for $12. Can't beat that and it's perfect with the stars in the same colors as in the front of the quilt.
Lastly, I tried my hand at Zentangle quilting. I didn't want the traditional black on white; I just wanted something muted as I was just practicing. First I drew it on paper, then I drew the lines on the fabric with the blue pen. (sorry, no pictures of that!) This was done on my regular machine. Much too fine in details for Lolah! Besides, I have to keep up my machine quilting skills which are barely used these days.
Notice my little spruce tree signature design which will now be quilted somewhere on each piece that comes off Lolah. It incorporates my initials and the SpruceItUp logo (copyrighted).
It's Monday! A new week with new projects on the horizon; it will be busy!