And the winner is...
Thursday, December 1, 2022
Saturday, October 29, 2022
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Our ornaments have been delivered! We've received 31 beautiful ornaments this year! thank you so very much for your participation!
Thursday, September 9, 2021
Here are the rules:
Christmas Ornament Challenge 2021
Contest rules: please read carefully and follow the rules!
1) Ornament must be made of fabric, felt or wool, wood if decorated with fabric
2) Ornament may be pieced, appliqué, fused, thread painted, hooked, machine or hand quilted, embellished with beads, sequins, thread, paint
3) Ornament must have a hanger made of string or ribbon
4) Your initials can be added to the back of the ornament; no signatures allowed
5) Ornament can be an original design or an interpretation of a published design
6) You may make more than one ornament; each ornament must be different
7) Ornament must be submitted to Spruce It Up Quilt Shop in person or by mail
All entries must be received by November 15th, 2021 at 4pm. No late entries will be allowed; postmark date will determine eligibility of mailed packages.
9) Ornaments will be photographed and posted on the blog and Facebook www.spruceitupquilting.com
10) Each ornament will be assigned a number when received and will be displayed at Spruce It Up Quilt Shop
11) To keep voting fair, no names will be published or displayed with the ornaments on the blog or at the shop
12) Voting will begin November 16th and continue until Dec 1st 2021; one vote per person please
14) Voting can be done in person at Spruce It Up Quilt Shop, by email, or by phone (506-538-7888)
15) Winner will be announced December 2nd, 2021
Ornaments become the property of Spruce It Up Quilt Shop and will be auctioned off starting December 2nd on the blog. Yes you can reserve your favorite ornament for purchase before December 2nd. Proceeds this year will go to DIABETES CANADA
1 pair (small) Perfect Scissors by Karen Kay Buckley
2 wool bundles
6 balls of Valdani Perle Cotton 3x size 8 and 3 x size12
3 spools of Sue Spargo Dazzle/Razzle
1 pkg Chenille needles
1 pkg of Long Milliners
Sunday, June 6, 2021
It's hard to believe that we're already celebrating 7 years in business! Thank you to each of you for your continued support... it means a lot that you depend on us to deliver the services you need to help make your projects special! The pandemic has given everyone pause for reflection! We are moving forward and we hope the "green" light to a soft opening of the Atlantic Bubble happens this week... here's a chance and a good reason to come visit us!
WE ARE CELEBRATING YOU!
Your Spruce Crew!
Lorette, Sally, Shelley, Norah
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Announcing the WINNER of Spruce It Up Quilting's 2020 Christmas Ornament Challenge:
The race was real!! Very close race!!
Ornament no 16
Friday, December 11, 2020
WOOHOO!!! We have sold all the ornaments!!! How exciting is that?? We are thrilled!!
Thank you to all who contributed an ornament or two (or more) to our annual ornament challenge! This is the first year that ALL the ornaments have sold!!
The Westford Nursing home in Port Elgin will be receiving a donation of $410... (someone made a generous donation).
and thank you to all who purchased an ornament! It warms our heart to have you participating!
Voting continues until Tuesday Dec 15th! Check the Ornament 2020 page to review the beautiful creations! and cast your vote by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a text message on Facebook, or on our Spruce It Up Christmas Ornament Challenge page on Facebook.
Vote only once...
Your Spruce Crew