Then I set up the pantograph and went to work! I'm not comfortable with panto work... PERIOD... I'm told though that it becomes easier the more you do it! I hope so! The panto I chose is called Cotton Candy (6") from Simple Quilting Stitches; several pantographs were included with the purchase of the machine.
It's an easy pattern to quilt but I'm not comfortable being on the "other" side of the machine! I call it quilting blindly! All went as expected for a beginner quilter! Not bad but not so smoothly...
The backing is the same on both quilts... pink!
What I didn't like about the panto on the first quilt was the frequent advancing because there was only one row of pattern to work with! So for the second quilt, I decided to trace the pattern making 2 rows.
NOW that worked much better and faster.
As I was deciding what to quilt on this little doll quilt, I noticed the little flower in the background and thought, how nice it would be to draw my own pattern for such a flower.
And after I drew the design, I decided it might be too advanced for me at this stage and I should try the design on a practice piece first. I made it 50 inches across with a 13in width. This is what I will work on today after I apply the bindings to these little quilts!
NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED - You can't get anywhere unless you're willing to take a risk. Chaucer (c. 1374)