Can you believe it??? This is our 10th annual Christmas Ornament Challenge! How impressive is that?
Are you ready??
Check out the ornaments already received... Look up there on the header for ORNAMENTS 2023, click on it and you'll find all the beauties we've received so far!
This challenge is open to all who care enough to craft an ornament for a worthy cause. REMEMBER the proceeds from the sale of the ornaments is matched by SIU and we'll be gifting The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.
We started coaxing you in June... soon after, we received 2 ornaments. I will be posting photos of those already received later today.
The deadline is November 15th for us to receive your ornament (s) whether by hand delivery or by mail, so there's still time! There will be no extension beyond November 15th.
DATES: Deadline Nov 15th
Voting begins Nov 16th
Sale of ornaments Dec 1st... but you can reserve your favorite anytime; just send us a private message.
And what can the viewer's choice creator win?? Stay tuned for a photo of our lovely goodie basket.
There are some rules:
1) we will not accept an ornament purchased from the store.
2) the ornament can be made of wool, felt, fabric, wood as long as it is decorated with fabric (we consider a ribbon to be a fabric)
3) ornament may be pieced, applique, fused, thread painted, hooked, machine or hand embroidered, quilted, embellished with beads, sequins, thread, paint
4) Ornament may be an original design or an interpretation of a published design
5) each ornament will be assigned a number when received and will be displayed at Spruce It Up Quilt Shop
6) Photos will be posted on Facebook page @https://www.facebook.com/xmasornaments/
7) To keep it fair, no creators' names will be published or displayed with the ornaments
8) ornaments become the property of Spruce It Up Quilt Shop and will be sold starting November 16th 2023
9) Proceeds of the sale of the ornaments will be matched by Spruce It Up and will be donated to The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.
Good luck everyone and we thank you so very much for taking the time to create an ornament and deliver it to us!